Andre Daughty delivers keynote speeches that provide transformative insights, empowering audiences to elevate their approach to education and achieve exceptional results
FROM PRESCHOOL TO PRISON: ENGAGING TODAY'S GENERATION!
- Observing the dramatic high to the dreadful lows of children’s enthusiasm on education from pre-school to high school, Key note speaker Daughty speaks on the roadblocks and obstacles that hinder children, especially those of color, from academic success but funnel them directly into the criminal justice system
- This key note explores the gap originated and how schools, districts and communities are combating the preschool to the prison pipeline. He shows, inspires and explores the possibility of surviving to thriving.
- This general session provides awareness to help steer students away from the preschool to prison but rather preschool to prosperity by using practical strategies to engage students with research based protocols, culture builders, technology and of the therapy of it all, laughter!
PBL ISN’T JUST FOR GIFTED AND TALENTED STUDENTS
- Interested in Project based learning to enhance your units of authentically and engagement activity? PBL is a teaching method in which students gain knowledge and skills by working for a fixed period of time to investigate and respond to an authentic, engaging and complex question, problem or challenges
- This key note explores how PBL is engaging and transformative for all students in any grade level and how to apply it accordingly
- This session provides audience members an overview of the PBL method using the Buck Institute for Education (BIE) model.
OH! THE PLACES YOU CAN GO (AND THE THINGS YOU CAN DO) ON YOUTUBE
- Everyone knows YouTube as the video manual capital of the world. However, did you know there is so much more you can do?
- Attendees at this session will explore different ways to use YouTube as well as discovering ways to save those YouTube clips that you have come to love.
- This is an interactive “Play with Me” session where attendees participate and learn several new strategies while using their devices. Devices are encouraged for this session.
THE CLASSROOM STARTS WITH CULTURE!
- Could you use a few strategies to further engage your students within the classroom setting? This session provides practical ways to establish and maintain culture using energizers/brain breaks, anecdotes, examples and protocols.
- This is not a sit and get session. Be prepared to have fun as we build culture and engage students!
WHO LIVES, WHO DIES, WHO TELLS YOUR STORY?
- What happens if your story stays silent? Who is going to tell your story? Who will tell your students’ stories if their voices are silenced? There is power in your students’ stories. There is power in your story.
- The keynote explores examples of transformational stories for schools and/or organizations culture.
- The general session provides opportunity to create and to start sharing your stories online.
THE POWER OF ONE
- With over seven billion people in the world constantly connected through the Internet, there are opportunities to inspire anyone across the world. It only takes one person’s voice to make a difference in a school, neighborhood, community, city and beyond.
- This keynote explores examples of voices changing the trajectory of thousands of people’s lives and how those strategies continue to work around the world.
- This keynote is geared towards students and adults.
CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF
- Have you noticed the culture of your school, organization and/or company slipping? Is staff/faculty morale low? Are you an aspiring leader looking to avoid costly mistakes and consistently build the culture? Well, this interactive session explores pitfalls in leadership and provides practical solutions to help raise the culture and community of your school and/or organization.
- No matter your experience level, this session will give you a fresh perspective and challenge you to think differently about your own leadership style and how to best serve your colleagues and community. Join the conversation for an interactive session on the three biggest mistakes leaders make when building the culture and how to avoid them.
- To achieve the truly elite level, one must train, study, and compete with a fervor that exceeds the status quo, and then find ways to do more. The Mamba Mentality, coined by Kobe Bryant, is all about focusing on the process, trusting in the hard work when it matters most and constantly trying to be the best version of yourself. In this keynote, we discover what the Mamba Mentality looks like for students of all ages and how to start doing more to better self and community. This is an interactive session where attendees participate through self-evaluation, discussion, planning and of course, laughter!